Monday, May 22, 2006

Paras Career for Public Services Student

Public Services student Kieran McLaughlin, 17, is celebrating being accepted into the army’s highly prestigious Parachute Division. Kieran had his Attestation on May 18, at which he swears his oath of allegiance, prior to joining on May 21.

Kieran comments, “The Parachute Regiment is one of the best you can join. It will be really hard work, but I like to push myself and feel proud when I achieve something. The idea of parachuting really appeals to me as well.

“The course at Dunstable College got me interested in it; we had a visit and talk from the army, which got me thinking about my career and so I went down to the careers’ office and took it from there. The course trip to Bassingbourn, which I loved, helped me finalise my plans. The course is good, it’s hard work but worthwhile. The teachers know what they are talking about and it’s the right course for anyone considering a career in the public services.”

No comments: